TBI Airport Management
TBI Airport Management is the private operator of Bob Hope Airport.
TBI employment requires authorization to work in the U.S. as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, and ability to pass an employer background check and TSA background check.
Job Opening - Specialist, Noise and Environmental Programs
Work with regulatory agencies, general public, field personnel and other departments to review implementation of recordkeeping activities and ensure ongoing compliance with Airport, local State & Federal Rules and Regulations. Under the supervision and the direction of the Manager, Noise & Environmental Programs, assist in the implementation and use of the Airport’s Noise Monitor System.
Essential Job Functions:
· Operates the Airport’s noise monitoring and flight tracking equipment, includes routine operation, backing up and archiving data, daily checking the status of the systems, disk capacity and error messages.
· Troubleshoots & maintains remote noise monitoring sites and flight tracking equipment including identifying defective components and coordinating directly with 3rd party vendor to resolve any system issues. Troubleshoots and maintains noise and flight tracking computer components (printers, modems, etc.).
· Investigate potential night time noise violations of the Airport’s Rules and Regulations for jets and propeller aircraft and identify restricted aircraft.
· Investigate noise complaints by using the Airport’s Noise Monitor System to verify the source of the disturbance based on the information gathered from the complainant and login all complaints to be in compliance with California Noise Standards.
· Provide information to public inquiries regarding noise event issues and to pilots on the Airport’s voluntary curfew and Noise Abatement Rules.
· Prepare schedule changes from air carriers and generate a monthly (or, as needed) schedule analysis report to identify noise contour impact.
· Update the Noise Rule Information Guide and the Airport Use Restrictions following annual review of fines and Authority action.
· Provide training material to tenants on Best Management Practices (BMP) for the storm water pollution prevention plan and follow-up with tenant to ensure training compliance.
· Conduct Environmental field inspections for BMP compliance to identify pollutants before they enter the storm drain system and communicate with tenants to ensure corrective action and preventive measures. Prepare all documents necessary to be in compliance with our Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan and assist with any storm water sample collections.
· Keep all AQMD, CARB and RWQCB permits active and process related invoices and check requests as needed.
· Communication skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Time management.
· Ability to make professional judgments while working in the field.
· Ability to multi task with a high degree of accuracy.
· Pay attention to detail while doing environmental inspections.
· Listen and watch for aircraft traffic while out on the field.
· Effectively communicate with a broad range of people who, in many cases, are approaching staff with a negative attitude toward the airport.
· Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
· Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
· Take reasonable and necessary precautions to ensure personal health and safety.
· Comply with TBI Safety Program policies and procedures.
· Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Aviation/Business Administration or a related field. In lieu of degree, equivalent work experience or a combination of work related experience and education is acceptable.
· One (1) year of aviation experience, such as working with flight tracking equipment, airport traffic patterns, flight paths, aircraft flight procedures, navigation techniques, aviation regulations and noise abatement procedures.
· Computer literate, proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel (Pivot Tables), Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro.
· Possession of a Class C driver’s license.